Wild Duck Holiday Park is located near the pretty village of Belton in the heart of the peaceful Norfolk countryside.
This park is unique among the Haven parks as their only woodland holiday park. There are forest trails to explore and secret glades to discover by bike or on foot.
Wild Duck cares greatly about wildlife, with special duck crossings around the park. Spot the hedgehogs, squirrels and more wildlife at Wild Duck.
With a wide range of modern caravans, luxury lodges dotted among the trees, and all the fun-filled Haven activities, this Norfolk holiday park’s beautiful, natural environment is a great choice, especially for families with children.
Pick up a bag of duck food at the mini market, and the ducks on Plover Lake will be happy to see you.
The coast is never far from a Haven Park, and the vast uncrowded expanses of golden sands at Great Yarmouth, Gorleston on the unspoilt Norfolk coast, are just a short drive away from Wild Duck.
Disclaimer: As an affiliate partner, we might earn from qualifying purchases – any links on this page that go to a holiday park booking platform might earn us a commission if you make a purchase. This is at no additional cost to you.
Where Is Wild Duck Holiday Park?
Wild Duck Holiday Park is located near Great Yarmouth in Norfolk. Tucked away amidst the trees, this park offers a unique experience compared to coastal resorts and is one of the most popular holiday parks in the UK. Instead of being situated directly on the coast, Wild Duck Holiday Park is situated further inland, surrounded by a beautiful wood near The Norfolk Broads.
Facilities At Wild Duck Holiday Park
As you can expect from a Haven holiday, there’s an action-filled programme of exciting activities on the park to keep everyone entertained during the day and in the evening.
From swimming and splashing about in the heated indoor and outdoor pools to nature trails, sports courts and many fun activities for the children.
Waterslides at a holiday park are always popular, and the ones at Wild Duck are no exception.
Treat the family to a drink and a delicious meal in the family-friendly, relaxing Sitting Duck restaurant or pick up a takeaway from Cooks Fish and Chips for a cosy night in.
There’s a fantastic variety of activities for the children, such as the Tot Rangers, Mud Muffins, NatureRockz, Make a Bear, Junior Segway and much more. The Seaside Squad will keep them laughing with interactive shows. Activities are carefully planned to entertain and encourage children to learn about and explore the Wild Duck environment.
You can buy a Play Pass, and it is recommended that you book your favourite activities before you arrive.
Onsite facilities include:
- Modern indoor and outdoor pools: flumes, aqua jets, gliders, inflatables
- Professional entertainment leaders
- Nature Rockz: bug hunting, den building, nest box making
- Adventure play spaces
- Children’s clubs
- Nature Rockz, nature trail, creature creations, den building
- Amusement arcade, Junior Segway, kart hire, archery
- Bike hire, learn to ride a bike
- Family entertainment venue, live shows and music
- Sitting Duck bar and restaurant, coffee shop
- Cooks Fish and Chips takeaway
- Supermarket, launderette
Accommodation At Wild Duck Holiday Park
Holiday homes at Wild Duck have been carefully positioned to take the best advantage of the beautiful woodland surroundings and ensure maximum space and privacy.
There’s a wide choice of comfortable, modern caravans to suit all budgets, and there are pet-friendly options too. Accessible models with wet rooms and hoists are available for guests with limited mobility.
Some models feature decking, outdoor furniture, a pull-out bed for additional guests, and additional luxury features.
All the holiday accommodation at Wild Duck is non-smoking and includes:
- Heater/gas fire, Freeview TV in the lounge
- Fridge, microwave, oven
- Utilities: water, gas, electricity
- Kitchen utensils, cutlery, crockery
- Bedding, pillows
- Allocated parking for most caravans
Like on all Haven parks, there are different types of accommodation and grades:
- Saver: The popular, fully equipped 2- or 3-bedroom Saver sleeping up to 6, is terrific value with everything you need for a relaxing holiday.
- Bronze: The wider, spacious Bronze, with room for up to 8, has a larger open plan kitchen and lounge, with central heating and double glazing.
- Silver: The modern Silver models at Wild Duck are stylishly furnished with many extra features and an outdoor decking area for al fresco meals.
- Gold: You’ll love all the modern home comforts, an additional WC and luxury extras in the top of the range 2-3 bedroom Gold models. Wrap-around decking gives lots of extra space for your family to enjoy the lovely natural surroundings.
- Signature: If you want to wake up to the sound of lapping water and enjoy your coffee on the private decking with an amazing view, the lakeside Signature sleeps up to 6 guests and enjoys a prime, secluded location on the park for extra privacy.
- Emerald Lodge: The next level in luxury holiday homes, the stylish, spacious 16ft Emerald Lodge features many additional luxuries such as freestanding furniture, a dishwasher, family fridge freezer, 40″ TV, Bluetooth speaker and TV in the master bedroom, towels, linen and hairdryer.
Holiday Home Ownership At Wild Duck
If you’ve found your perfect holiday location, buying your own holiday home is a fantastic lifestyle choice. No more hit and miss bookings, and your home from home is ready and waiting when you arrive; head off for a break whenever you want to.
Haven has a range of caravans to buy at Wild Duck, including new and used statics and more luxurious lodges.
Wild Duck’s unique woodland environment close to the sea, the natural beauty of the Norfolk Broads and the many local attractions is a superb location for your holiday home among the trees.
Wild Duck has everything you need for comfort, including a well-stocked mini market and launderette.
You’ll be joining a friendly owners’ community and making lifelong friends. There is a superb range of activities to keep everyone entertained, great food in the restaurant, and family shows in the evening.
There’s a fantastic selection of new and pre-loved caravans and lodges in a choice of layouts, with central heating and double glazing, on offer at Wild Duck, with all the support you need on hand to help you make the right choice.
Exclusive owner privileges include:
- Owner’s lounge, bar and coffee
- Summer Spectacular dance, quiz nights
- Owner only private swim from 8-9 am
- Day trips to local events and attractions
- End of season party
Things To Do Near Wild Duck Holiday Park
Wild Duck Holiday Park is set in woodlands in Belton, a small, picturesque village on the outskirts of Gorleston-on-Sea. The vast sweep of sandy beaches with stunning views across the bay is 15 minutes away.
There are shops, cafes, a model boating pond, a splash pad, amusements and all you could wish for on a day at the seaside.
Holidaymakers flock to Norfolk for scenic coastal walks and lazy days on the huge, uncrowded, unspoilt sandy beaches, such as Cromer, Brancaster, Sheringham and Hunstanton. You’ll never have trouble finding a spot for your sandcastle.
Wild Duck is in a prime position for days out exploring the many Norfolk attractions. All the holiday fun and activities at Great Yarmouth’s traditional, lively resort are just 6 miles from the park.
For thrill-seekers, head for the white-knuckle roller coaster and water attractions at Pleasure Beach. The vast sands, ice cream and cafes along the Golden Mile are just below the funfair.
Treat the family to a show at the famous Hippodrome Circus World, and meet the sharks, giant turtles, starfish, seahorses and many more sea creatures at the magical Sea Life Centre. Discover the red pandas, tigers and reptiles at Thrigby Wildlife Park.
A Norfolk holiday is incomplete without a boat trip along the beautiful 125 miles of peaceful waterways and a glimpse of the abundance of wildlife of the Norfolk Broads National Park.
Book a cruise with The Broads Motor Cruisers, or hire a boat, moor up and enjoy a drink or a leisurely lunch in the cosy pubs in the picturesque towns and villages by the water. Go fishing, bird watching, cycling or walking in the lovely, unique landscape of the Norfolk Broads.
Visit the many Norfolk stately homes and gardens, such as Sandringham. There’s lots of fun and adventure at Holkham Hall, tractor rides, adventure play and zip wires.
For a fantastic family outing, take the children to Dinosaur Adventure Park for indoor and outdoor adventure play with life-size model dinosaurs. Experience the African continent’s animals, lions, giraffes, rhinos and giraffes from the Safari train at Africa Alive. Relax and let the kids climb, crawl, slide and meet the magical woodland creatures on a great family day at Bewilderwood Treehouse Adventure.