A peaceful holiday park within easy reach of central London is the perfect choice both for seeing the sights and a relaxing break in the countryside.
There are a surprising number of London camping options. From basic camping grounds to luxurious glamping, a holiday park near London gives you an affordable, family friendly way to visit the museums and monuments, go shopping in Oxford street or ride the London Eye without breaking the bank.
There is always a reason to come to London – to see the Christmas Lights, celebrate New Year´s Eve in Trafalgar Square or bargain hunt in the January Sales. There´s the London Marathon, Wimbledon, and the Chelsea Flower Show too.
A London Holiday Park is also a cheaper option, convenient for weekend breaks out of town for city dwellers.
Here are some of our top picks:
Lee Valley Camping and Caravan Park, Edmonton
Less than an hour away from Buckingham Palace and Oxford Street, this peaceful site is in an ideal location for visiting central London and at the same time enjoying the many attractions of the Lee Valley Regional Park.
When you’re tired of the city bustle, explore the many walking and cycling routes in River Lee Country Park.
You can be in the Park or knee deep in Epping Forest in a matter of minutes!
The park offers:
- An excellent base when visiting London´s iconic attractions.
- A peaceful site that comprises a lovely green space for camping and touring.
- Luxury glamping options in cabins and cocoons.
- Excellent facilities including electrical hook-ups, free showers, free Wi-Fi.
- Adventure playground for the kids.
- Fun family activities – you must try Footgolf
- Horse-riding and ice skating nearby
- 18-hole golf course, cinema, and athletics centre
- A Lee Valley Camping Card with exclusive discounts to attractions and cafes of Lee Valley Regional Park. Including white water rafting, entry to Lee Valley Park Farms and much more.
- Located within the London Low Emission zone.
Crystal Palace Caravan and Motorhome Club
A busy, friendly site at the edge of a pleasant park. With an all-night bus service close by, it’s an excellent choice for touring and camping close to London’s top attractions.
- A range of activities for children.
- Number 3 bus near the caravan park departs goes into London via Brixton, Lambeth Bridge, Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus, terminating on Oxford Street.
- The bus operates all through the night for theatre and concert goers.
- Welcomes tent campers.
- Tent pitches available to both members and non-members.
Abbey Wood Caravan and Motorhome Club Site
A Caravan Club Golden Jubilee Site, with the surrounding trees, you could well believe you were in the heart of the countryside when you arrive at this spacious, “green oasis”.
This popular site is a favourite with European visitors and offers:
- Shops and good railway connections within walking distance
-you´ll be in Central London in just 35 minutes.
- River cruises between Abbey Wood and historic Greenwich for the Observatory and the National Maritime Museum, Tower Bridge, Westminster, Kew, Richmond, and Hampton Court.
- Open to caravans, motorhomes and campers
- Ideal for families
- Open all year round
Chertsey Camping and Caravan Club
This holiday park in south west London is a peaceful riverside campsite on the banks of the River Thames. Foxes, squirrels, and river birds give this secluded site a quiet, rural feel.
Besides all the London attractions just a 50 minute train ride away, there’s so much to do within easy reach of the Park. Walkers will enjoy the tranquil, scenic Thames Path Nature Trail.
This lovely site offers:
- Well-equipped with showers, washing facilities.
- Spacious pitches.
- Children’s play area and a games room.
- Easy access to nearby attractions including Kew Gardens, around half an hour’s drive away.
- Wisely and Saville Gardens, well worth a visit.
- Windsor Castle, the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world.
- Close to Legoland, Thorpe Park or Chessington World of Adventures.
- Ascot or Epsom racecourses are nearby if you fancy a flutter.
Walton on Thames Camping and Caravan Club
Located within London’s infamous orbital M25 motorway, this park is only 15 miles from Central London. But the riverside location is so peaceful, you would never know. There is even a resident flock of parakeets. Besides its proximity to the London landmarks, campers enjoy:
- Horse riding available from several centres close to the site
- Surrey Hills for Nordic Walking, llama trekking and mountain biking
- Riverside walks
- Local golf course offers a discount to campers
- Fishing (rod licence required)
- Pets allowed
- Children’s play area(s), recreation room
- Chemical disposal point
- Electric hook-ups
- LPG stockist, and Wireless internet
Debden House & Campsite
Debden House & Campsite, located in the heart of Epping Forest, is surrounded by trees.
After a hard day’s sightseeing, you’ll wake up to clean air birdsong, Debden’s central location, just 20 minutes from the Stratford International terminal and 30 minutes from London Central, makes it an ideal base for exploring London, Essex and the Home Counties.
Amenities on offer include:
- 374 pitches
- Shop and café
- Play area
- Laundry facilities
- Toilets and showers
Lee Valley Campsite Sewardstone
This holiday park near London is located in a woodland setting in the rural countryside on the outskirts of Chingford close to the River Lee, so you can enjoy the attractions of the city and also relax and unwind in the tranquillity of the countryside.
With easy access to London’s public transport network and beautiful natural environments such as Epping Forest and the 1000-acre River Lee Country Park, this campsite offers the best of both worlds with:
- Opportunities for walking and cycling.
- Cosy camping pods and tent hire.
- London travel cards available on site.
- Excellent facilities, a range of fully serviced hard standing and grass pitches.
- Electric hook-up.
- On-site shop.
- Launderette and children’s play area.
- Traffic free trails where you can walk or cycle.
- River cruises at the Lee Valley Boat Centre.
- Lee Valley White Water Centre a short distance away for white water rafting, surfing, hydrospeeding or a paddle on the lake.
Haven Allhallows Holiday Park
This Haven Holiday park in Kent feels miles away from the busy London streets, yet this Garden of England Holiday Park is only an hour or so from the heart of the capital.
Surrounded by picturesque farmland and just a short distance to the coast, the facilities are superb and include:
- 9-hole golf course with sea views.
- Restaurant and bar.
- Heated indoor and outdoor pools.
- Peaceful fishing lake.
- Pets allowed at park’s discretion.
- Children’s activities.