We all know what a beautiful place Cornwall is – it’s the perfect place to go on a caravan holiday.
Related: Best Holiday Parks In Cornwall
It has some of the most breath-taking stretches of beach and coastline in the UK; but we all know that the weather is somewhat unpredictable at times!
In recent summers, the UK has experienced glorious sunny periods – but despite, that every Brit knows only too well that a rain shower or rainy day can be upon us in the blink of an eye!
Even if you have woken up to a day that might seem like a write off, fear not, there is plenty to do and explore in the Cornwall region!
We have put together our favourite things to do in the Cornwall in the rain!
If you are staying near St Austell then its well worth visiting the amazing Eden Project. The huge Biomes contain the largest rainforest in captivity.
- Explore the Biomes and walkways that house the remarkable rainforest, plants and other gardens.
- Selection of summer concerts and other interesting events for the family.
- A great soft play area to keep the kids entertained. The older ones can have a go on England’s longest zipwire!
- Make sure you book online (at least 24 hours prior to your visit) and you will save 10%
- Tickets are £28 for adults & £15 for children. Book online and become a member to receive ticket and other discounts- including family tickets.
Do you fancy a trip to a fantastic zoo?
Take the opportunity to visit Newquay Zoo where you can find over 1,000 animals – and there is plenty more going on for the whole family!
The zoo is only a short walk from Newquay town centre.
- The zoo is set within a stunning sub-tropical 13 acre site for you to explore all the different species.
- Spot many animals such as meerkats, red pandas, wildebeests, antelopes, lions, otters, zebras.
- There are various animal experiences on offer; lion feeding, red panda, penguin and zoo keeper.
- Visit the zoo’s ‘Oriental Garden’ where you will find many Japanese and Asian plants on show.
- Tickets are £14 for adults & £11 for children – book online in advance to find extra savings and complimentary tickets.
If you are staying in Bude or nearby why not consider a trip to the Bude Tunnel, a unique and strangely popular landmark..
- The Bude Tunnel is actually the only tunnel in Bude, which has been turned into a tourist attraction.
- The 70m tunnel has jokingly been likened to the Taj Mahal as one of the wonders of the world – being known as a real hidden gem!
- Complete protection from any bad weather, whilst enjoying views of Bude.
- You can walk straight out of Sainsburys (Crooklets Road) into the tunnel.
- Completely free of charge to all members of the public.
Blue Reef Aquarium
Are you staying close to Newquay? The Blue Reef Aquarium is perfect for a day out, especially a rainy day.
- The aquarium is home to 40 naturally-themed habitats, easily accessed by foot, car and train.
- A fantastic coral reef set within a spectacular ocean display, viewed via the tunnel walkways.
- Spot various big sharks, rays, moral eels, lionfish, angelfish and other exotic species.
- Chance an encounter with the freshwater turtles and caiman, or even some octopus!
- Definitely book in advance online to save in various ways including bulk purchases, or even use Tesco Clubcard.
If you are local to Bodmin it’s a great chance to go to the brand new Bodmin Jail visitor attraction, the biggest investment in 2020 in Cornwall’s tourism, opening in October 2020.
- A brand new 8.5 million investment into this attraction to provide every visitor with access to some fantastic state of the art technology.
- Introduction of the all new ‘Dark Walk’ experience!
- A choice of guided tours like; the Bodmin Town and Jail Heritage Ghost Walk, or the Scary Cinema and Paranormal Tour.
- Other experiences include; Halloween, After Dark.
- Try to check out the Bodmin Jail Hotel!
- Pre-book tickets online, adults are £15 and children are £12.50. There are many concessions and family booking / group options worth checking out.
Healeys Cornish Cyder Farm
Do you fancy a trip to the amazing Healeys Cyder Farm? It is over 150 years old. If you are in Truro, or nearby, its a super experience and well worth a visit.
- Situated in the heart of the delightful Cornish countryside with marvellous apple orchards and vineyards to explore.
- Fully guided tours on offer which cover; museum, distillery, cellars, orchard walks and tractor rides!
- Various experiences are available; the ‘Cyder Sensory Experience’ or the ‘Gin Tasting Experience.’
- Free and easy parking.
- The farm allows dogs on leads.
- Restaurant and shop on site.
- Book online to find out about discounted memberships, day/annual passes and experience days.
Trethorne Leisure Park
Trethorne Leisure Park is a great opportunity to entertain the family, just outside Launceston.
- The park has indoor and outdoor play areas plus an animal barn area.
- A selection of activities; ten pin bowling, dodgems, games arcade, zorb football, ball pool and more.
- The animal barn has a variety of animal activities on show.
- A great family restaurant to indulge in some tasty homemade meals, fancy a roast?
- Different prices and block booking/discount options for dodgems and ten pin bowling.
- It’s best to pre-book a visit; the entry fee is £10 for both adults and children, under 3’s are free.