At Caravan Sleeps we are super canine friendly. We know that your pooch is an important member of the family!
And we know canines enjoy nothing more than the wide open space of a beach to gallop about on – and many love a dip in the sea.
We have handpicked a number of beautiful beaches in Dorset for you to enjoy exploring with your dog.
Hengistbury Head Beach, Bournemouth
(Family & Wildlife Enthusiasts)
· Stunning sand and shingle beach to exercise and run the pooch, plus nature reserve with walking paths and routes
· Ample parking and large car park
· Cycling, pitch & putt golf and land train (to Mudeford)
· Café, restaurant and facilities
· Outdoor education centre: international geological site
· Wildlife and grazing livestock
(Walking & Surfing)
· Long stretch of sandy beach that is dog friendly all the year round!
· Lovely views of the Needles on the Isle of Wight
· Very accessible to Bournemouth and Boscombe town centres
· Nice wide promenade walk to Hengistbury Head
· Handy and popular areas for surfers
Avon Beach, Christchurch
(Family & Activities)
· Beautiful sand and shingle beach, with a view of the isle of Wight to play with the dog
· Ideal family beach with access to car park
· Excellent facilities: café, shop, canoe and deckchair hire
· Promenade access to Mudeford Quay; a popular crabbing spot
· Various ferry trips to Sandbanks or Christchurch Quay
Alum Chine & Durley Chine, Bournemouth
(Family & Eating)
· Blue flag award winning sandy beach to play on with the pooch! (all year round)
· Stunning views to ” Old Harry Rocks”
· Pub, café, shop and boat hire facilities
· Large car park with good access to beach, plus land train
· Lifeguard patrolled beach during summer season
· Beautiful sub tropical gardens, to explore with the pup!
Branksome Chine, Poole
(Surfing and Family)
· Dog beach clearly signposted to walk on, all year round!
· Good windsurfing and kite surfing location
· Water sports activity hire every Saturday
· Unspoilt large sandy beach with great views of the Purbecks
· Cafes, multiple shops plus good restaurant
· Good parking at Branksome Chine and at the next chine – Branksome Dene Chine
Durdle Door & Lulwoth Cove, West Lulworth
(Rural & Walking)
· Dogs are allowed all the year round, stunning sandy beach on Jurassic Coastline
· Remarkable rock arch formation in the sea
· Popular part of the South West Coastal Path from Durdle Door to Lulworth Cove
· Car parking and walking access (steep) to beach
· Stunning viewing point of the Jurassic Coastline, with clifftop walks
· Lulworth Cove – sheltered beach area with fantastic geology
(Unspoilt & Relaxing)
· Small shingle bay with views to Weymouth, very dog friendly!
· Quiet and peaceful location, yet family friendly
· Car parking only 100 metres away
· Lovely wildlife spot due to the tranquil and isolated location
Chesil Beach And Abbotsbury
(Walking & Wildlife/Heritage Location)
· Dog friendly all year round, great for long walks!
· 8 mile pebble beach from West Bay to Portland
· Good parking facilities at either locations
· Famous Hamm beach area at the midpoint, that has a sand lagoon
· Fleet Nature reserve area with an influx of wildlife
· Very unique area as its the only UNESCO designated World Heritage site in the UK
(Family & Lively)
· Large spacious sandy beach, ideal for a dog run!
· Selection of various seasonal entertainment and activities for the family
· Situated within easy reach of Weymouth town centre
· International beach events hosted here; Handball, Volleyball, Kite Festival
· Lifeguard presence in summer season, good swimming area