Do you fancy buying a brand new shiny touring caravan?
There are many factors to think about when you are considering whether to buy a new or a used touring caravan. There are pros and cons to either option.
How Much Does A Brand New Touring Caravan Cost?
A brand new caravan will typically cost more with prices varying from £7,500 to £25,000 plus.
Benefits Of Buying A New Touring Caravan
- You will be the first owner!
- It will have the latest specifications and have up to date technology and features.
- It will come with all the latest developments in aerodynamics.
- It will come with zero mileage onboard.
- Typically it will have a ten-year manufacturers warranty on the chassis and exterior body.
- Typically it will have a three-year warranty on parts.
- Some dealers offer free overnight stays on handover day.
- Some dealers have arrangements with local sites; you can ask to go on a ‘try before you buy weekend.’
- Bespoke after-sales support packages can be available via specific dealers.
- No need to sell your part-exchange privately, as they will probably trade it in.
What To Think About
- Which type of tourer do you want, a twin or single axle caravan?
- What caravan layout will suit you best?
- Can your current car tow a caravan?
- Where will you store your caravan?
- What caravan security do you have?
- Does the price include any caravan accessories? Remember sometimes you can negotiate on what’s included – extras like solar panels or awnings might be able to be included in a good deal!
- What touring caravan insurance do you need?
Where Can I Buy A New Touring Caravan?
It’s crucial to pick the right dealership or retailer that will meet all of your needs. Look out for dealerships that offer a wide selection of new models and a choice of the top manufacturers.
Touring Caravan Manufacturers
- Offer a wide price range with various finance facilities to compare.
- Offer you a part exchange if needed.
- Be approved by the NCC (National Caravan Council) as a member of their ‘Approved Dealership Scheme.’
- Have a good reputation, be established and have superb customer service.
- Allow you to take time on the handover and answer all your questions—make sure you understand your exciting new caravan.
At Caravan Sleeps we work with a range of approved dealers that supply quality new tourers and would be happy to introduce you to the best dealers in your area.