Do you fancy buying a new touring caravan?
Embarking on adventures with a caravan in tow offers the promise of freedom, discovery, and the thrill of setting up a home away from home wherever you choose.
However, before you dive headfirst into the purchase, there are several vital considerations to bear in mind.
There are many factors to think about when you are considering whether to buy a new or a used touring caravan. There are pros and cons to either option.
How Much Does A Brand New Touring Caravan Cost?
When you set out to buy a touring caravan, one of the most pressing questions is undoubtedly about the cost. Investing in a brand-new caravan can be a significant financial commitment, and understanding the price range can better guide your expectations and budget.
A brand new caravan will typically cost more, with prices varying from £7,500 to £25,000 plus.
Benefits Of Buying A New Touring Caravan
Investing in a brand-new touring caravan is not just about that fresh-out-of-the-showroom feel. It offers many advantages, ensuring a contemporary, reliable, and tailor-made travel experience. Here are some of them:
- You will be the first owner!
- It will have the latest specifications and up-to-date technology and features.
- It will come with all the latest developments in aerodynamics.
- It will come with zero mileage onboard.
- Typically, it will have a ten-year manufacturer’s warranty on the chassis and exterior body.
- Typically, it will have a three-year warranty on parts.
- Some dealers offer free overnight stays on handover day.
- Some dealers have arrangements with local sites; you can ask to go on a ‘try before you buy weekend.’
- Bespoke after-sales support packages can be available via specific dealers.
- No need to sell your part-exchange privately, as they will probably trade it in.
What To Think About
Before diving into the world of touring caravans, it’s crucial to pause and ponder some key considerations. We’ll give you some examples:
- Which type of tourer do you want, a twin or single-axle caravan?
- What caravan layout will suit you best?
- Can your current car tow a caravan?
- Where will you store your caravan?
- What caravan security do you have?
- Does the price include any caravan accessories? Remember, sometimes you can negotiate on what’s included – extras like solar panels or awnings might be able to be included in a good deal!
- What touring caravan insurance do you need?
Where Can I Buy A New Touring Caravan?
Finding the perfect touring caravan isn’t just about selecting the right model; it’s also about choosing the ideal place to make the purchase. Look out for dealerships that offer a wide selection of new models and a choice of the top manufacturers.
Touring Caravan Manufacturers
When considering the purchase of a touring caravan, understanding the leading manufacturers can guide your decision. Each brand offers unique designs, features, and build qualities that cater to different preferences and budgets. Here are top brands:
- Offer a wide price range with various finance facilities to compare.
- Offer you a part exchange if needed.
- Be approved by the NCC (National Caravan Council) as a member of their ‘Approved Dealership Scheme.’
- Have a good reputation, be established and have superb customer service.
- Allow you to take time on the handover and answer all your questions—make sure you understand your exciting new caravan.
At Caravan Sleeps, we work with a range of approved dealers that supply quality new tourers and would be happy to introduce you to the best dealers in your area.