As much as we love a staycation in the UK, we all know the one thing we can’t predict is the weather. Thankfully there are plenty of rainy day activities in Dorset to choose from!
Rainy days are not uncommon, and whilst its something you don’t really want to happen on your holidays, it can also be a great opportunity to make the best out of it and visit somewhere new, thoroughly enjoying your day!
So instead of staying inside your accommodation, it might be wise to consider where to go when that downpour hits!
Fear not, there are plenty of indoor or sheltered activities to do within the popular holiday destination of Dorset. With that in mind, we have put together five super suggestions to keep you and the rest of the family entertained on a rainy day.
Family Fun-Water Park
- Suitable for all the family, a fabulous indoor water park in Poole
- 13 indoor water slides for different ages, ranging from 3 years upwards
- Great value £14 per person for up to 2 hours, £8,50 for under 5’s , £5.00 for spectators
- Suitable for under 5’s, dedicated splash zones monitored by lifeguards
- Seasonal rides open from April through until beginning of November
Tower Park Leisure Complex, Poole
Family Fun & All Ages
- Variety of attractions; located just 3 miles from Poole town centre
- Multiscreen cinema, ten pin bowling or even try your luck at Buzz Bingo!
- Something for the kids; soft play and of course the Splashdown Water Park
- Variety of restaurants; takeaway, drive thru or enjoy a meal and sit in a choice of diners
- Free parking at the complex, open 6 in the morning until 12pm
Adventure Wonderland, Christchurch
Family Fun- Adventure Park
- Voted Dorset’s ‘Top Family Attraction 2018’ Star Readers Awards
- Superb rides and various attractions throughout the adventure park
- Special themed Alice In wonderland entertainments team for kids up to age of 11
- Entry price includes all attractions and rides in park, except the pony rides
- Very easy to find by car just 10 minutes from Bournemouth and Christchurch
Highcliffe Castle, Highcliffe
Family Friendly – Historical Attraction
- Stunning castle located close to the beautiful beach at Highcliffe, superb view of Isle Of Wight
- Precious Grade 1 listed status house on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural and Historical Interest.
- Prices ranging from £3.00 for children aged 5-16, £7.00 for adults, family ticket discount £15.00
- Guided tours are available to explore behind the scenes of the castle, bookable in advance
- Lovely restaurant/tea room in large garden with spectacular views of the castle.
The Tank Museum, Bovington
All Ages – Historic Museum
- Modern exhibition of the world’s best collection of tanks and crews
- Museum has 300 military machines, accounting for all key conflicts since First World War
- Total of 9 exhibitions that feature many powerful stories from the soldiers
- Museum open 7 days per week from 9am until 5pm, café and shop facilities
- Museum is easily accessible and free annual passes available on every ticket!