Ancient woodlands, riverside trails, magical views over misty valleys, beautiful bustling market towns, Herefordshire lies sleepily on the Welsh border and is a wonderful location for a relaxing break at any time of year.
In spring there are bluebell wood walks, apple orchard blossoms, glorious gardens and miles of wild, unspoilt hills and meadows for a host of activities including cycling, hill walking, pony or llama trekking and white-water rafting.
There are plenty of attractions to explore in Herefordshire, from Hampton Court Castle and Gardens to National Trust owned properties such as Berrington Hall and Brockhampton Estate.
For culture there is art, literature and history to be found in quaint medieval towns such as Ross on Wye, famous for its literary festival. A visit to the Black and White villages of North Herefordshire, and a crawl along the Cider Route and a wealth of traditional pubs and restaurants will contribute to a fabulous holiday in Herefordshire.
Since pretty much everywhere is stunningly lovely in this county, you can expect the holiday parks to be special too.
Here are some of our picks:
Pearl Lake Country Holiday Park
Beautifully situated at Shobdon, Leominster, Pearl Lake Country Holiday Park is a 5 star Park set in idyllic, unspoilt countryside on the Welsh border.
The family-owned site comprises 80 acres of delightful grounds with a woodland walks, a 15 acre private fishing lake, a 9 hole golf course, a crown bowling green and the fabulous lakeside bar and bistro.
It’s a dream location for a peaceful getaway and ideally placed for touring the area’s attractions.
Accommodation options include self-catering lodges, static caravans, spacious touring pitches.
Excellent facilities include:
- Spacious, fully serviced pitch
- Car parking space, patio and storage bunker, electricity, water and waste water, piped LPG gas, cabled TV aerial and the option of a BT landline
- Optional decking balcony
- No overhead cables on park, no red gas bottles, no TV aerials or satellite dishes, all the services are underground making an attractive, clutter free park
- Dogs welcome
- Heated facilities building with free hot showers
- Laundry room, washing up/veg prep area
- Free Wi-Fi
- Wet room with a baby changing table, and a dog wash (with hot shower and hair dryer!)
Arrow Bank Country Holiday Park
Nestling in the heart of lovely, tranquil countryside, Arrow Bank is situated near the banks of the River Arrow in the pretty postcard village of Eardisland.
Locally there are country walks, private on-site river fishing, quaint tea rooms and traditional pubs.
This 5 star holiday park with superb on-park facilities is a perfect haven as a base for touring holidays or a longer stay in a luxury self-catering lodge:
- A spacious, level touring area for caravans and motorhomes, folding campers, trailer tents and camping.
- 50 fully serviced touring pitches
- Dog friendly site – secure dog walk area, off-lead walks, visiting dog groomer – perfect for you and your dog
- Excellent heated facilities building has free hot showers
- WiFi on park is free
- Maximum occupancy, 4 adults per lodge
- Dog friendly lodges available
- Gas and electric are included
- Laundry facilities are easily accessible.
Lucksall Caravan & Camping Park
Situated in 21 acres of lovingly kept, level parkland in the lovely Herefordshire countryside, Lucksall Caravan and Camping Park is said to be one of the best 5 star Rural Holiday Parks in the UK.
Lucksall’s own 90 acre woodland reserve is situated opposite the caravan park which is bordered by the scenic River Wye, making Lucksall the ideal location for walking, canoeing, cycling, fishing and watching wildlife.
This fabulous site is also ideally placed to visit the historic market towns of Hereford, Ledbury, Ross-on-Wye for the famous literary festival, and Monmouth.
A range of accommodation includes holiday homes, motorhome pitches, seasonal pitches, camping, touring and camping pods.
Lucksall facilities include:
- Allows rallies
- Launching for canoes
- Disabled access
- Family park
- Pets allowed
- Children’s play areas
- Chemical disposal point
- Electric hook-ups
- Laundry, LPG stockist
- 3 sanitary blocks
- Dog exercising area
Sterrett’s Caravan Park and Camps
Situated in the beautiful Wye Valley at Symonds Yat, Herefordshire, this beautifully-kept park is an hour’s drive from Birmingham, Cardiff and Bristol, ideally positioned for touring the Forest of Dean and the many places of interest nearby.
With stunning views and scenery, and the idyllic River Wye just 200 metres from the campsite, the tranquil rural location is perfect for families with lots to do for children.
Accommodation comprises static fully equipped caravans including TV and DVD player, a motorhome/camping site and a wonderful holiday lodge. Tents and camping options are also available.
- Newly fitted shower/toilet block with a disabled toilet, and hairdryer
- Launderette and ironing facilities
- Woodland trails, boat trips and a beautiful historic Norman Castle in nearby Goodrich
- Fun play area for children on the campsite, with slide, swings and climbing structures
Broadmeadow Caravan Park
This 5 star family owned touring park set in a secluded, scenic location in the heart of the Wye Valley, is just 10 minutes walk from the beautiful town of Ross-on-Wye.
Close to Forest of Dean, Broadmeadow Caravan Park enjoys a secluded location with dedicated dog walking areas and plenty of fishing available on private lakes.
Local attractions include Tintern abbey, Monmouth, Symonds Yat and the cathedral cities of Hereford, Gloucester and Worcester, the Brecon Beacons and the Malvern Hills making Broadmeadow simply ideal for touring.
The Wye Valley Walk, Offa’s Dyke Walk and the Black Mountains are also within easy reach to holidaymakers.
Facilities on-site include:
- 2 large fully equipped toilet/shower blocks both with ample hot water & free hair dryers
- Disabled facilities
- Family room with baby changing facilities
- Fully equipped laundry rooms with washing machines, tumble driers, spin dryers, iron & ironing board (extra charges apply)
- Grass and hard standing pitches
- Large pitches available for RVs
- Adult only area
- Small children’s play area
- 16 amp electrical hook-up to all pitches.
- Free WiFi
- Resident Wardens
- Well behaved pets welcome, max 2 (dogs must be kept on a lead at all times)
- Dog walking area (due to wildlife dogs must be kept on leads)
- Visitor parking
Poston Mill Park
This peaceful family run 35-acre park in Peterchurch in the Golden Valley on the borders of Herefordshire and Wales welcomes caravans, motorhomes and campers all year round.
Situated on the banks of the river Dore in a beautiful rural setting, there are many options for all ages including fishing, golf, hiking and a sports ground.
There’s a special fenced playground for dogs, too.
A range of luxury self-catering accommodation options are available and facilities include:
- Pitches with/without shade
- Internet access
- Excellent restaurant and great pub
- Friendly staff and service
- Hopes grocery shop
- Golf course
- Dogs welcome
Rockbridge Park is a small, 5 star family-run touring site on the banks of the charming River Lugg in an idyllic rural setting on the Welsh borders.
It’s the perfect location ideally for touring nearby Presteigne and Ludlow, walking along Offa’s Dyke or exploring the spectacular Mid Wales woodlands, valleys, waterfalls and historic castles.
Accommodation includes fully serviced pitches for touring caravans, motorhomes, camping or relaxing in the luxury self-catering lodges.
Rockbridge Park is a tranquil haven, described as “an old-fashioned holiday where you can enjoy the great outdoors.”
- Premier touring pitches
- 16A electric, TV, water, grey waste
- River fishing
- Large camping field
- Dog friendly
- Luxury holiday lodges
- Nearby market town