Are you looking for holiday parks near Alton Towers? Staying in a caravan is the perfect way to combine a family holiday park break with the fun of a theme park!
About Alton Towers
Alton Towers, located in Staffordshire has become the largest theme park in the UK. In 1980 it originally opened with just a few rides, but has grown incredibly since and to date is known as more of an extensive resort complex.
Today it contains a theme park, water park, mini-golf, high ropes trail, spa and a hotel complex!
The park is famous for running a total of 10 roller-coasters, not forgetting it had Britain’s first-ever ‘double loop’ roller coaster; ‘The Corkscrew’. This along with well known and ever-popular rides like; Nemesis, Galactica, Congo River Rapids, Runaway Mine Train, Wicker Man and many more!
Holiday Parks Near Alton Towers
If you are planning a short trip, or a longer holiday which incorporates a trip to Alton Towers, and you fancy staying in a holiday park nearby; then here are a few locations for you to consider;
Ashbourne Heights (10 miles from Alton Towers)
Perfectly located, being approximately just a 15-minute drive from Alton Towers. This holiday park is also set within the beautiful countryside of the Peak District national park area, with absolutely breathtaking views.
Related: UK National Parks Guide
- Fantastic park for outdoor activities; walking, climbing, cycling and general sightseeing
- Wide range of accommodation; Glamping, Caravans, Lodges, Touring Caravan and Camping pitches
- Luxury accommodation options, featuring hot tubs, an ensuite private toilet and shower pitches
- Indoor heated pool and children’s outdoor playground
- Brand new tea room, bar area and pool tables
- Convenience store and launderette on site
- A dog-friendly park with dog showers to wash the pooch!
- Fabulous picnic areas and direct access to the famous ‘Tissington Trail’
- Ashbourne town (only a 15 min drive away) has with various supermarkets, shops, cafes and restaurants
Quarry Walk Park (4 miles from Alton Towers)
This holiday park is perfectly situated within 46 acres of wonderfully quiet woodland, yet only a 15 minute journey from Alton Towers. Ideal for enjoying a day out with family and friends.
- A park which is full of local wildlife, on the edge of the Peak District National Park
- A great choice of bespoke made lodges and wood cabins to choose from
- A chance to unwind with accommodation equipped with hot tubs
- A variation of glamping pods and timber tents to spend your break in
- Dedicated woodland and grassed pitches for camping and caravanning, with separate facilities
- A choice of holiday extras and treat packages to pamper yourself and loved ones
- Special activity package to have family fun with; hot tub rubber duck, bubble wand, insect explorer kit, woodland and animal finger puppet
- Receive a beauty treatment in your accommodation; massages, facials, manicures and more
- This park is open throughout the whole year to enjoy every season
Kingfisher Holiday Park (25 miles from Alton Towers)
A super caravan park, on a unique canal-side location which is ideally located in the beautiful countryside of Staffordshire. The park is a very manageable 45 minute drive to Alton Towers.
- This park is situated on an unusual canal junction, where 2 canals meet
- A choice of very well equipped holiday homes to stay in for flexible short or long breaks
- The very popular Kingfisher Canalside Cafe to satisfy your hunger on site. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at the cafe with a wide variation of wholesome homemade meals, snacks and cakes – give yourself a break from cooking!
- A recently built indoor swimming pool facility
- Leisure time; a games room with video games and pool tables
- Other outdoor activities; tennis, Crown Green Bowling and table tennis
- This park has it’s own fishing facilities on the lake that is adjacent to the park. Fishing is totally free of charge for any visiting holiday guests
Longnor Wood Holiday Park (15 miles from Alton Towers)
This holiday park is based in a beautiful countryside location, created exclusively for adults. Ideal for couples that would love to relax and at the same time only be a 25-minute drive away from an adventure at Alton Towers.
- Longnor Wood is ideally located for spending time in the Peak District; walking, cycling and general exploring
- Choice of 4 different types of lodges, equipped with hot tubs
- Award winning quiet area for camping and touring, with very good camping facilities
- The touring park area has a covered washing-up zone, microwave, freezer, washing machine and dryer
- Choice of well equipped static caravans, with hot tubs
- With all 3 types of accommodation you can bring a dog
- Many trails and paths to adventure along with the dog and onsite dog wash
- An area to play boules and a great little putting green area
(Landal) Sandy Brook (11 miles from Alton Towers)
An award-winning family based luxury holiday park situated close to Ashbourne, only a 11 mile drive to reach a day out at Alton Towers
- Landal Sandy Brook is located in the former grounds of a 19th-century manor house, nestled into a hillside
- A marvellous choice of 53 different luxury lodges to stay in
- Accommodation has hot tubs and is pet friendly
- Luxury indoor pool and spa facility with a spa pool and sauna
- Outdoor play area for children, with swings, climbing and a recreation field suitable for football and a game of family rounders
- Ideal for toddlers; special toddler play area with toys and play mats, good for bad weather days
- Unique woodland walk; which contains the historic ‘Pinetum’, where you may discover a number of special trees
- On site ‘Coach Bar & Restaurant’, ideal for family dining
- Indoor games area; pool tables, air hockey and table football to keep the kids entertained
- Wide range of other activities; archery, table tennis, body zorbing, mini golf, fencing, orienteering, snorkelling and much more!