If you are looking for holiday parks in Northumberland you’ve made a great choice! Not only is the Northumberland coastline a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, it is also home to Hadrian’s Wall – a World Heritage Site, as well as it’s own beautiful National Park.
With a versatile range of activities and experiences, Northumberland is the perfect location to go on a caravan holiday.
Check out some of the best holiday parks in Northumberland!
Whitley Bay Holiday Park, Parkdean
Whitley Bay Holiday Park is the perfect location for a family holiday. The park has lots of amenities to keep everyone occupied, from an indoor pool and spa to a bowling alley and go-karting track. There’s also plenty of live entertainment on offer throughout the year, with shows ranging from comedy nights to tribute bands.
With so much going on, it’s hard not to have fun at Whitley Bay Holiday Park!
Berwick Caravan Park, Haven
Sandy beach, family and dog friendly
Set in a stunning cliff top location with beautiful views out to sea, Berwick Caravan Park is one of Northumberland’s top holiday parks.
It’s just a short walk to Berwick on Tweed’s sandy beaches, an hour’s drive to historic Edinburgh and close to the beautiful Northumberland National Park, an ideal base for walking, cycling and touring.
With safe, clean sands and lots of play activities, Berwick Caravan Park is wonderful for families with children too.
- Heated indoor and outdoor pools, water chute.
- 18-hole course at Magdalene Fields golf course nearby
- The Brigs of Tweed bar and restaurant
- Miles of unspoilt, safe clean, sands and seaside resort of Spittal very nearby offering safe bathing and play facilities
- Close to Beach
- Indoor Pool
- Games Rooms
- Play Areas
- Outdoor Pool
- Dogs Allowed
Sandy Bay Holiday Park
Lake and beach, family friendly
Sandy Bay is a well-kept, beautifully landscaped park with its own ornamental lake. It makes for a great base for touring Northumberland with all its areas of outstanding natural beauty.
Clifftop walks, direct access to the sandy beach below make this lively park the perfect location for your family holiday.
You can visit the nearby castles, explore the charming market towns or walk for miles along the beach.
Accommodation includes a wide variety of options from standard and serviced pitches, to luxury glamping holidays, with a fantastic range of amenities:
- Indoor heated pool
- Children’s entertainment
- Boathouse bar and restaurant
- Beach Show bar with quizzes and games, shows for all the family and dancing
- Adventure playground, soft play area
- Multi-sports court
- Sandy beaches of Blyth and Whitley Bay nearby
- Facilities for tourers
- Caravan ownership
Riverside Holiday Park
Situated on the edge of the magnificent Northumberland National Park in the heart of Hadrian’s Wall country near the “Gateway to the Cheviot Hills.”
Riverside Holiday Park is a spectacular holiday destination, just a few minutes from Hexham. The idyllic woodland setting is an ideal base for walkers and holidaymakers looking for a peaceful getaway and for exploring nearby historic sites.
There is a wide range of fully equipped modern holiday homes available and a host of amenities to ensure a fabulous holiday for everyone:
- Pitches are on hardstanding with 16-Amp EHUs
- Glamping pods perfect for two adults with room for a little one
- Up to two dogs welcome in pods or on pitches
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- Outdoor play park
- Riverside bar and restaurant
- Outdoor play park
- Shop, games room and arcade
- Fly fishing lake on park
Amble Links Holiday Park, Park Leisure
Alnwick Castle, family friendly
With a reputation for being one of the most desirable holiday parks in the UK, Amble Links is situated on the spectacular Northumberland coastline.
Close to the quaint fishing town of Amble and a convenient 40-minute drive to Newcastle, this is the perfect location for families to visit the county and its many attractions.
Alnwick Castle, used in Harry Potter films and Game of Thrones and Alnwick Gardens, Lindisfarne Holy Island, Coquet Island-home of the puffins, puffin cruises and Northumberland Country Zoo are a short drive away.
There’s also the Kielder Water and Forest Park, where mountain biking, pony trekking, canoeing and water skiing are among the activities on offer.
- On-site restaurant and bar
- Some of the most luxurious caravan holiday homes and lodges for sale in Northumberland.
- Full entertainment programme running throughout the year
- A leisure complex, a children’s play area
- A range of on-site restaurants and cafes
- Open all year round
- Dinner and drinks at The Old Storehouse Bar & Restaurant
- Indoor pool & gym
- Spa facilities
- Children’s adventure park
Seafield Caravan Park
Luxury lodges, children’s activities
This 5-star family-owned caravan park is set in the centre of Seahouses, a picturesque village on the spectacular Northumberland coast. This is a 5-star holiday location where you can enjoy a luxury getaway, relax on golden sands, and explore the wild countryside and historic sites in beautiful north Northumberland.
With panoramic views of Bamburgh Castle and the Farne Islands, accommodation ranges from holiday homes to luxury lodges, touring and motorhome pitches.
Seafield Caravan Park won Holiday Village of The Year in the Visit England awards for excellence.
- Range of holiday homes from deluxe lodges, touring and motorhome pitches
- Most pitches on the new development enjoy fantastic views
- Free parking
- Heated pool
- Fitness Centre with Gym, Workout Room, Spa, Sauna
- Children Activities
- Pets Allowed
- Self-serve laundry
Haggerston Castle Holiday Park, Haven
Fantastic activities – dog friendly
Set among beautifully landscaped gardens, woodland paths and surrounded by tranquil lakes, Haggerston Castle Holiday Park is the perfect retreat, particularly for families with toddlers and babies.
And there really is a castle, with elegant Italianate gardens and a rooftop bar.
The spectacular Northumberland countryside, magnificent beaches and historic castles are all close by.
With a superb range of activities for all ages and excellent amenities including:
- Modern, spacious indoor pool complex with spa treatment rooms
- Golf course, boating lakes
- For children, Nature Rockz activities, bush craft to building shelters, making campfires, pond dipping, beachcombing, bug safari
- Challenging high ropes course and climbing wall
- All-weather bowling green, sports and water sports options
- Children’s club
- Restaurant options include the new lakeside Mash and Barrel lounge bar and café
- Historic Tower Bar
- Lively programme of evening shows, bands and dancing at the park’s two entertainment venues
- Mini market
Set in the heart of the rugged Northumberland countryside just across the River Coquet from the picturesque village of Felton, 40-acre Felmoor Park is the ideal holiday location for exploring this ancient county and the stunning Northumberland coast.
This woodland park has been designed and constructed to the highest standards, retaining the natural beauty of the surrounding countryside.
With a variety of luxury holiday home accommodation to choose from, Felmoor Park prides itself on offering guests their ideal holiday, whether it’s a quiet break in nature or a lively, fun stay with family and friends.
- Deluxe lodges with hot tubs
- Delightful bar and café on site
- Scandinavian log cabins and static caravans available to purchase or rent
- The majority of our log cabins have panoramic views over the lake
- Golf courses, walking, cycling and horse-riding nearby
- Pet friendly homes